- 1 What Are the Best Electric Toothbrush Available Today?
- 2 Best Electric Toothbrush 2017 – Our Top Picks!!
- 3 Best Electric Toothbrush 2017 – Table And Comparison!
- 4 What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
- 4.1 Top Pick — Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush
- 4.2 Value for Money — Oral-B Pro 1000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- 4.3 Recommendation #1 — Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 4.4 Recommendation #2 — Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- 4.5 Recommendation #3 — Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 4.6 Best Electric Toothbrush Recommendation #4 — Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush
- 4.7 Recommendation #5 — Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 5 Electric Toothbrush — An Introduction
- 6 Advantageous Features of Electric Toothbrushes
- 7 What Kind of Sewing Machine Is Right For You?
- 8 Summing Up
What Are the Best Electric Toothbrush Available Today?
Every great day begins with brushing your teeth thoroughly. At least for us, it’s a central task — no matter how lazy or dizzy we are. It makes us fresh again, ready to do the things that we wanted to do. That’s why we made our upgrade to the electric toothbrush when we had the option to do so. Of course, there is no regret either. It was one of the best personal gadgets I’ve ever bought.
Best Electric Toothbrush 2017 – Our Top Picks!!
Top-End Pick – Oral-B Genius Pro 8000
If you need an electric toothbrush with the best performance and Bluetooth connectivity, Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush is the perfect choice in town. Coming from a reputed firm like Oral-B, you will not have to worry about the quality or your dental health.
There were a few things that helped us to choose the best electric toothbrush for your needs. We had given equal importance to usability, the longevity of battery and the build quality. Now that you are looking for an effective electric toothbrush, we are happy to share those factors with you. To make things even simpler, we have picked the best electric toothbrushes too.
And, yes, we have our short-and-brief reviews of all the recommended products. First, however, we would have the Quick Recommendations.
Shall we move onto the electric toothbrush reviews, then?
Best Electric Toothbrush 2017 – Table And Comparison!
Our team have done an extensive research on the best electric toothbrush available in the market and here are our table and comparison chart for the best electric toothbrush :-
4 x 9.2 x 10
2.2 x 4.4 x 10
1.3 x 1.1 x 7.5
0.8 x 0.8 x 8
1.7 x 1.7 x 7.3
4.7 x 6.6 x 10
7.7 x 3.9 x 10
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
Our team have done an extensive research on the best electric toothbrush available in the market and here are our detailed review for the best electric toothbrush
Top Pick — Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush is not the simple electric toothbrush you have seen. I would love to call it rather a dental protection system. It’s a smart, feature-rich device that makes sure that you have a superb brushing experience, every single morning. Of course, it’s expensive too.
In case if you did not know, Oral-B is noted for its oscillating-rotating brush heads that are proven to be very effective. According to what dentists say, these brushes can deal with 100% more plaque — thus offering an impressive level of dental cleanliness.
There are a few features I loved in this rechargeable toothbrush. Apart from the two-minute timer for truly healthy brushing session, the position-detection technology helps you brush all the areas with care. You can also connect the brush to the smartphone via Bluetooth, to get real-time feedback on position and pressure.
Talking about the comfort level, Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush is just awesome. It does not put much pressure on gums, although the 16-Degree angle is effective for plaque cleaning. Thanks to the Li-Ion battery, you can use the brush for around 12 days with a single charge. And, even the charging dock is cool.
Summing up, I believe Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush is suitable for professionals who do care about dental health. With this, you get the right time of right brushing, along with advanced customization. At the end of the day, you won’t have to worry about dental cleanliness anymore.
Value for Money — Oral-B Pro 1000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Another product from Oral-B, this electric toothbrush does not come with any fancy features. Even though, it ensures clean teeth, in the shortest time possible. It needs to be noted that you are paying a reasonably lower amount to purchase this toothbrush.
One thing that stays same is the Oscillating-Rotating Cross-Action brush head that is angled at 16 Degree. It is quite impactful when it comes to your everyday brushing sessions. Because the brush is offering a better cleaning rate of 300%, the device is a great choice if you are just shifting to electric toothbrushes.
It’s recommended to replace the brush heads once in every three months, and you can use any of certified brush heads from Oral-B. You can pick one from Floss Action, Precision Clean, Dual Clean, Deep Sweep etc. If we take the case of other features, it has a pressure sensor that stops the brush head if you’re too hard.
Obviously, Oral-B Pro 1000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush features the 2-minute timer system that you see on an Oral-B range. And, what’s more, without all the bells and whistles, the device lets you know when it’s time to change the focusing area in your mouth.
Conclusively, it’s a bang-for-your-buck deal for sure. You are getting a basic rechargeable toothbrush that is taking care of gum health as well. For the common man, I believe, the Oral-B Pro Timer and Pressure Sensor are enough for comfort.
Recommendation #1 — Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
If you are ready to spend a bit more for dental health, you can check out Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, which is a bit expensive. One of the best products in the Sonicare range, you are making a worthwhile investment for sure.
According to my experience, this product gives more value for customization. Instead of sticking onto one mode, you can pick from the 5 available brushing modes. While the Clean mode is suitable for your everyday needs, the White mode is for advanced cleaning and teeth whitening.
At some point, I felt that Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is giving a better layer of comfort than Oral-B contenders. However, there is a decrease of features, even for this price. Those only features you get are 2-minute timer and Quadpacer.
Nevertheless, battery backup and charging are where I was really impressed with this device. On a single charge using USB, this toothbrush will provide a working time of around 3 weeks. You can charge the device using the given metal-base glass. Alternatively, if you are on the go, you can use the travel case as well.
Summing up, Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is an expensive choice with better battery backup and nice design. I’d recommend this if you need to upgrade to an advanced toothbrush with the vibration-based brush head. It’s not up to the marks of Oral-B counterparts, given the pricing.
Recommendation #2 — Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Here comes the budget-friendly choice from Philips Sonicare. If you are looking for a powerful and effective electric toothbrush, you can go with this one, without spending much. Even then, you are getting the Sonic technology from Philips.
Unlike Oral-B Brushes, this one is using regular type of brushes. However, the brush is vibrated, making up to 31000 strokes every single minute. Also, there is a technology used for fluid action. The result is that you can have an awesome line of protection for your teeth and gum.
If you are just upgrading from manual brushes and want to retain the feel, this is a comfortable choice. We, most of us who had tested, had no issues with comfort either. Indeed, all the quality build is accompanied by the superb design and handling. It is quite easy to keep the brush in your hand while doing it.
Last but not least, Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush ensures the basic timer systems. However, in addition to it, you get the Easy-Start feature. In the course of 14 uses, the power and speed of the brush will be gradually increased, for advanced cleaning needs.
At the end of the day, this electric toothbrush is offering a standard level of protection. The only issue that I found with the product is the lack of quad pacer. Otherwise, it’s worth what you pay — especially if you can consider the superior build and powerful brushing technology.
Recommendation #3 — Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is a perfect solution for those who’d love some kinds of advanced features. It’s a great thing that the products fit into medium-budget category. Being a product from Philips, there is no worry over quality either.
Once again, we have a product that is powered by the patented Sonic technology. I have used this product for a while and the total performance was impressive, especially the firmness of brush. I also loved the fact that the device supports three intensity levels — in case if you needed extra cleanliness.
Rest of the aspects are almost same when it comes to the design and build quality. It’s neatly designed that the brush looks awesome on the table you have. However, in addition to the Smart Timer, Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush also has a Quadpacer.
Another reason why I recommend this electric toothbrush is the amazing battery life of 3 weeks. Even though the travel charger is good enough, you won’t have to worry about recharging the brush when you are on a trip. It takes the least amount of time for charging, which is another advantage.
Considering all these points, Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is surely a bang-for-buck. Without spending much on features, you can have a healthy, gum-friendly and impressive brushing; we believe it’s suitable for professionals and common people alike, that too for medium budget.
Best Electric Toothbrush Recommendation #4 — Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush
We have already seen a high-end electric toothbrush from Oral-B, with Bluetooth connectivity and all. Well, if you think its price tag is too high, you can consider purchasing this one. Comparatively affordable, you are going to have a comprehensive dental protection package.
What we found amazing in this package is that it consists of three brush heads you can use according to your own convenience and dentist’s advice. You get Cross Action, Pro White, and Sensitive heads. It needs to be noted that you are getting a normal charger and the travel bag as well.
All the brush heads are ensuring the best cleaning, and there is the feel of freshness that we got. If you think the included brush heads are not enough, you can attach compatible ones as well. Thanks to the premium-quality build, there is proper grip and the handling finish.
Next up, you can have the perks of instant feedback using the Bluetooth Connectivity. You just have to install the Oral-B App on your smartphone. You can not only focus on the position but also find out how much of pressure you are applying on the gums.
Overall, Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush is an attractive package that includes premium quality build and features. It’s a fact that you can have almost all the features that we had seen in the high-end model — and you have to pay just the semi-premium amount.
Recommendation #5 — Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
With another semi-premium product from Oral-B, we are finishing our collection of best electric toothbrush choices in the market. It’s coming with a Floss Action brush head, though you can change it for your good. It’s not just about the Bluetooth connectivity, but there is more.
For instance, Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush offers you six modes to choose from. Depending on what you want — Daily Clean or Gem Clean —, you can pick the right mode. All these modes become awesome if you pair the toothbrush with your smartphone.
Talking of other features of the product, you have the Pressure Sensor, Floss-Like Cleaning, and the superb-quality build. We get the premium feel when you hold the brush in your hand. The sensor is too helpful that you will end up applying the optimal pressure for better cleanliness.
Once again, Oral-B has combined the best technology and dental care. You can even track your dental health in a course of period, using the Oral-B App. If you want, you can even share the tracked information with a dentist to get customized suggestions. It’s the new way of having healthy teeth, don’t you think?
So, if you are one of those who needs awesome technology and usability, just go for this Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. You will be missing travel bags and all, but the battery is good-enough to last around a week.
Now, we will move forward to some of the effective tips you should know for choosing the right and most appropriate electric toothbrush for your needs. We will start with an introduction to these gadgets.
Electric Toothbrush — An Introduction
All of us — I don’t expect that younger kids here —, would have used manual toothbrushes at one point or another. They are good because they do the job. However, there are certain issues too. First things first, we have at one point found manual toothbrushes inefficient for dental health. Also, some of you may find that manual brushes require some kind of effort from the user. It’s amidst all these issues that electric toothbrushes come to the scenario.
Look For :- Best Gaming Monitor Under 200
These brushes may look like common brushes, but they have an electric motor inside them, attached to the brush head. Depending on the brand you have purchased — Oral-B or Philips —, the toothbrush head will be oscillating-rotating or just pulsating. It’s by this movement that your mouth and teeth get cleaned. From the user’s side, only one thing needs to be done: you just have to place the brush head inside your mouth — for the specified amount of time, in different areas.
As to the question, whether you need an electric toothbrush, there are several answers. Suppose you are a person who uses the manual brush twice a day, accompanied by floss. In that case, you may not necessarily need an electric toothbrush. That having said, you may not be able to ensure that you brush for two minutes every day. In that case, it’s highly recommended to go for electric toothbrushes, which gets turned off when you have brushed for two minutes — nothing more, nothing less.
While these are the basic aspects about an electric toothbrush, there are a few other features that you can see in modern electric toothbrushes. In fact, most of the devices we’ve recommended come with such a cool bunch of features.
Advantageous Features of Electric Toothbrushes
We will be a bit detailed here.
- Better Dental Health: This is the first and foremost reason to shift to an electric toothbrush from manual ones. It has been proven that electric toothbrushes can offer better-cleaned mouth at the end of the day. Although you may have to take a floss, the cleaning level has been improved a lot. If you are someone who finds manual brushes hard to use, this would be a compelling reason for the upgrade.
- Universal 2-Minute Timer: Did you know that 2 minutes is the optimal time you should spend for brushing? Well, as a matter of fact, it is. Electric toothbrushes, regardless of brand, come with an inbuilt two-minute timer in it. After two minutes of switching on, the device will automatically stop. This is an effective way to make sure that you are brushing for just the right amount of time — healthy teeth, you know.
- Pressure Sensor: This is not an essential feature, but all our recommended electric toothbrushes have this feature inside them. While using manual toothbrushes, you may end up applying extra pressure on your gums. This is not good for the overall health of your mouth and teeth. However, when you are using an electric toothbrush, you’ll be notified about the pressure. If it exceeds the limit, you can know. A great way to better health, isn’t it?
- Rechargeable Battery: You don’t have to worry about charging the toothbrush again and again. Most of the electronic toothbrushes do come with a standard battery life of one week or above. That having said, there may be some differences in terms of the brand. Even then, it’s pretty sure that you can use the brush for around one week in a single charging session. If you are traveling or so, it’s a great option.
- Ergonomic, Comfortable Design: This is where the whole brush becomes something unique, unlike the manual brushes. If you look at the total design, you can spot some changes. First of all, the brush head would be really small. This has been designed for extensive access to your mouth and teeth area. Also, the handle part of the toothbrush will be designed for extra grip. This way, you can be sure that you don’t push your gum beyond the healthy limit.
- Customizability: Well, this might sound amazing, but electric toothbrushes let you change the brush head in the course of time. So, instead of spending too much for an entirely new brush, you can change the brush heads one in 3 months or so. For instance, if you purchase a brush from Oral-B, it would be compatible with almost all the brush heads that are available from Oral-B.
- Bluetooth Connectivity (Optional): This is an optional feature, but we have been seeing Bluetooth connectivity in some of the Oral-B toothbrushes. In simple words, you will be able to pair your brush with the smartphone, via Bluetooth. Then, you can have continuous, instant and precise feedback on what the brush is doing inside your mouth. You can find out the areas that have been covered, or even get a detailed dental health report. It’s good in the long run.
These are the basic features you would find in an electric toothbrush. While some of them are pretty advanced and not required by common man, they help you maintain oral health at the end of the day. For instance, if we take the case of the pressure sensor, it’s too good for dental health. And, we know friends who use the Oral-B app to track their brushing cycles. Because you can share all the tracked information with your dentists, it’s an awesome way to ensure the quality results.
Also check for :- Best Convertible Car Seat In The Market
What Kind of Sewing Machine Is Right For You?
Keep the following things in mind if you have made up your mind to get one of the best electric toothbrushes from the market.
- The size of the Brush Head — This is an important aspect, especially if you are purchasing the toothbrush for kids. Make sure that the size is okay with the mouth size. Otherwise, you may end up in trouble.
- Battery Length — If you are always in travel and won’t get enough time to charge the brush, choose an electric brush with the long-lasting battery.
- Design — Design plays an important role, depending on the type of brushing style you have. If your teeth and gum are too tender, you should choose an apt design.
- Brand — Oral-B and Philips are two of the most popular electric toothbrush brands in the world. The difference is simple. Oral-B uses oscillating-rotating system while Philips Sonicare is into pulsating.
- Advanced Features — As mentioned earlier, there are a few advanced features you can look for. For instance, there is a Quadpacer, Smart Timer, Bluetooth Connectivity and some brand-specific options from Oral-B.
Also, before you make the selection, you should consult your dentist. If you have some serious dental issues, there may be a few reasons that disallow from using these devices. So, as a precaution, it makes sense for a casual appointment.
In the past four years, I have changed around 3 electric toothbrushes, because I needed more care on oral health. Currently, I’m using an Oral-B Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth connectivity and it’s good enough for my needs. Because I don’t want to compromise the features or the total health of my teeth, I have shifted from a high-end device too.
However, if you are just coming to the world of the electric toothbrush, I’d suggest sticking onto one of the budget-friendly devices. And, when the time comes, you can purchase a device that is capable of offering better tracking, health, and comfort. We always recommend taking a look at what your dentist has to say about the best electric toothbrush. It’s kind of precaution-is-better-than-cure scenario, you know!
Best Electric Toothbrush 2017 Reviews - Top Models at a Glance
- Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electric Toothbrush
- Oral-B Pro 1000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush
- Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Electric brushes may look like common brushes, but they have an electric motor inside them, attached to the brush head. It's really difficult task to choose the best electric toothbrush as there are hundreds of different models available in the market and No One Size Fits All solution. We have reviewed hundreds of electric toothbrushes in our labs and here are our top recommendations for the Best Electric Toothbrush for you.