- 1 Best Convertible Car Seat – The Winners!!
- 2 Best Convertible Car Seat 2017 – Our Top Picks!
- 2.1 #1 Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
- 2.2 #2 Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 2.3 #3 Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- 2.4 #4 Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
- 2.5 #5 Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 2.6 #6 Britax USA Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
- 3 Introduction to Convertible Car Seats
- 4 Installing Your Car Seat
Best Convertible Car Seat – The Winners!!
But there’s more to a convertible car than simply improving your child’s childhood memories. You can insist on purchasing convertible cars that could include almost all your daily needs for the toddler as well. These seats last on throughout a child’s pre-school years as well, making it a very long-lasting investment. Most of the models circulating in the modern market today are all inclusive of government safety standards while including a few added variations as well. But the few important features you should consider when purchasing one is its minimum risk quality. If you’re purchasing a used one, make sure it belonged to someone you trust, you do not want your child contracting anything.
We have a few product recommendations to help you better situate yourself on the idea behind convertible car seats. Having understood just what you might need through research and personal insights, the list consists of one of the best few convertible car seats in the market today.
Best Convertible Car Seat 2017 – Our Top Picks!
Our team have done an extensive research on the best Convertible Car Seat available in the market and here are our top picks for the best Convertible Car Seat:-
Why we love it: its 4 different variations, as well as its 10 years of lasting ability make it a very desirable option for long-term use, so much so that you won’t need to buy another car seat for a very long time, probably making it your last purchase. The four variations include:
- Rear-facing car seat for babies between 4 to 40 pounds.
- Forward-facing car seat for toddlers between 20 to 65 pounds.
- Booster seats in high back belt-positioning mode for the toddler between 30 to 100 pounds.
- Booster seats in a backless belt-positioning mode for kids between 40 to 120 pounds.
One Tell: a few drawbacks would include its lesser consistency in breathability, with children seemingly sweating through the seats. Warmer temperatures, though, are a common occurrence among car seats.
Amazon Reviews: “Comfortable, Safe, Easy to Use, Best Deal for your Dollar.” – Candra C. Georgi
Why we love it: its Simply Safe Adjust Harness System is one of the safest and most secure harness systems among car seats. At the same time, this one can be alternatively used as a rear-facing baby car seat, the baby weighing between 5 to 40 pounds, or a forward-facing toddler car seat, with the toddler weighing 22 to 65 pounds.
One Tell: tethers are strapped on so tight, for safety usage, sometimes that getting them off can be a task.
Amazon Reviews: “This was a huge decision for me. I am a pediatric ICU doctor and see mva victims regularly. I was needing to buy three convertible car seats…one for a minivan, one for a 2003 Camry and one for our nannies Altima. I spoke with several car seat experts and stressed greatly. I got a Britax Boulevard for our van but needed something to go three across with a Graco booster and an incognito booster. I ended up Getting two of these. My 1 year old likes this. There is room and yet he is safe. I sometimes wish I bought 3 of these.” – N Henderson
Additional Specifications: this car seat comes with a cup holder, keeping your child occupied as well as hydrated.
Why we love it: this one includes a 3-position incline, keeping your child comfortable as they rest their back even more comfortably. This one also includes a Simply Safe Adjust Harness System, keeping your child safe and secure. Additionally, it also includes 3 variations in car seat boosters:
- Front facing car seat harness booster for toddlers between 22 to 65 pounds.
- High back booster for kids between 30 to 100 pounds.
- Backless booster for children between 40 to 100 pounds.
One Tell: disengaging the chest buckle might take a bit of an effort.
Amazon Reviews: “I was just “t-boned”, and this seat saved my son. Our van was totaled, and the seat worked marvelously. With the exception of a few marks from the straps, my son is unharmed. Don’t be tempted to get a car seat based on money. It’s worth spending $150+ if it means your baby will walk away from a serious accident.” – Amazon Customer
Additional Specifications: with colored armrests, a cup holder and even some storage space, this is the ultimate convertible car seat.
Why we love it: a lighter car seat than most, if you’re one to transfer the seat among several different cars, this one is the convertible car seat for you. It’s not just the weight of the seat, but also the size, as it seems to fit into any car space provided.
One Tell: adjusting the headrest for particularly taller toddlers might not be possible.
Amazon Reviews: “Bought this as an extra for my husband’s vehicle and it’s great. The price was great, easy to use and lightweight.” Momto3
Additional Specifications: extended leg room for the child is included as well.
Why we love it: a safer and more comfortable ride for the child, this one can last quite long. For this extended use, you’ve been provided with three different adjustable variations, that relate to only a single purchase for your child’s entire growth spurt, from infanthood to childhood.
- Rear-facing car seat for babies between 5 to 40 pounds
- Forward-facing car seat for toddlers between 22 to 65 pounds
- Belt-positioning booster car seat for children between 40 to 100 pounds.
One Tell: slightly heavy, making it difficult to transfer from car to car.
Amazon Reviews: “Love this car seat! Super comfy for my girl & easy to install. I feel so safe with her in this seat.” – Katie Stevens
Additional Specifications: you can machine wash and dry this seat.
Why we love it: ClickTight Installation System, one of the safest and most secure systems in the market, you can be assured of its ability to keep your child secured on the seat. This one can also be used for varied children of varied ages:
- Rear-facing car seat for babies between 5 to 40 pounds
- Forward-facing car seat for toddlers between 22 to 65 pounds.
One Tell: highly warm weather might affect the ClickTight system, something that can easily be adjusted by the company.
Amazon Reviews: “I have owned several car seats and this is by far my favorite! It is easy to put in your car and it is so sturdy no rocking at all!” Matthew Thomas
Introduction to Convertible Car Seats
As the name suggests, these car seats are meant to include several different set-ups to keep track of a growing child, seeing how fast they keep growing around when they’re toddlers. It’s major feature though is its ability to be installed as a rear-facing car seat or a forward facing car seat, each standing for a baby weighing between 5 to 40 pounds and a toddler weighing between 22 to 65 pounds, respectively.
To be able to choose the best convertible car, while you need to be aware of your own child’s age group, weight and height to be able to find the perfect fit for him or her, you also need to look into your child’s comfort level as well as his ability to cope with it. If you think your child will prefer some particular additional features, have a look into that as well.
Also Check:- Best Router Under 100
Installing Your Car Seat
- Initially, moving the front seats forward can help provide you with enough space among the back seats to install your seat.
- Inclining the back seat wherein the car seat will be placed can help you work better. Once you’re finished you can re-incline it back to its original position.
- Put the seat belt on the car seat as you finish placing the car seat on your car. It should be placed above the child so as to secure the seat even more tightly on the car.
In conclusion, providing your child with a car seat will not only protect him or her throughout the car ride but also provide a semblance of comfort and enjoyment as they travel with you towards your destination.
Do let us know what you thought of our article on children safety or best convertible car seat which keeps your child safe while traveling in the comment section below or contact us from here.
Best Convertible Car Seat 2017
- Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
- Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat
- Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
- Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- Britax USA Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
We have a few product recommendations to help you better situate yourself on the idea behind convertible car seats. Having understood just what you might need through research and personal insights, the list consists of one of the best convertible car seats in the market today.